Antique Porcelain Royal Rudolstadt Prussia Pin Tray Celery Dish Painted Roses in Chains - US 163 UO $55.00
This is a beautiful hand painted piece with raised pierced loop ‘handles’ on each end each decorated - a gold gilt line that rims the dish is at about 50% wear; dark pink roses in a chain link boarder the inside edge of entire tray - could be used as a pin tray or candy bowl as well. Measuring approximately 9” long and 4 ½ ” wide and standing about 1” deep in excellent antique condition, no chips cracks or repairs. Has a cobalt blue makers mark with Prussian crown and shield and a centered `B` - this is a used piece.
As you may know, Royal Rudolstadt dates from 1887 to 1918. Rudolstadt was a faience factory in the Thuringia region of Germany from 1720 to about 1791. In 1854, Ernst Bohne began working in the area. From about 1887 to 1918, the New York and Rudolstadt Pottery made decorated porcelain marked with the RW and crown familiar to collectors. This porcelain was imported by Lewis Straus and Sons of New York, which later became Nathan Straus and Sons. The word Royal was included in their import mark. Collectors often call it Royal Rudolstadt.